If I could give my house one goal for 2014 it would be storage that works. I’m excellent at purging a space and organizing everything for a pretty reveal but keeping it that way is another story all together.
I always feel like there is ample room to grow and adjust in any given space but then one day I look up and realize that I was completely wrong and all my efforts have turned into a stash worthy of hoarder status.
Can I get an amen??
So here it is, the proverbial new year’s list of goals/incentives/points of stress/accomplishments or whatever you want to call it. Either way, I’m writing it down which for me means that I will actually work towards accomplishing it.
- usable storage for my kitchen, including but not limited to cabinets and drawers
- this will likely be a part of a larger kitchen reno, but more on that later
- usable storage in the craft/sewing room
- portable storage for the hall closet
- usable storage for my shoes and occasional items like sweaters, shorts, etc.
- last but not least, paint the freaking living room. I almost pulled the trigger on this project before the holidays but I realized I had just enough time to either paint or put up the Christmas decorations. I chose decorations. More on that later as well.
So what are your goals for 2014?
Happy New Year’s my friends!